Notice Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notice Board

This is the forum of the |*SAS*|

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Times and Enjoyment of the game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
-Holy-

-Holy-

Male
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Times and Enjoyment of the game Empty
PostSubject: Times and Enjoyment of the game   Times and Enjoyment of the game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:38 am

Im still on debate on if this game is gunna be fun or not

two reason

1. you start the game up with all your buddys sort out tactics ect, and bam ... your just about to start killin things and its been 2 hours allready and u have to go

2. which IMO if u dont have alot of free time say in the days your not going to get much play time apart from gearin up and moving out. so i think as ive read all the info u can on the game , that its just not gunna work the the gamers that want to quick play, its going to be one of those games which will take up to 5-6 hours to do a full scale attack on a town or somethink.

do u guys get me ?

lots of time games = fun fun fun
not lots of time gamers = boring and time wasting

*S*

and i belive ive posted in the wrong fourm silent i dont know how to move it Sad lol!
Back to top Go down
Limey

Limey

Male
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Times and Enjoyment of the game   Times and Enjoyment of the game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Its a good point Matt, and one we shall have to consider. I would myself, not think it would be any different to playing something like AOE III or something like that, yes, for a quick short game, it may be a problem.

Ideally, there may be a total war/campaign for longer play, which could be staged over a few days, maybe even weeks. But then I would imagine, there will be shorter versions such as skirmishes/mini battles, which are usually in games of this sort as well. I expect the developers of the game will have taken into account that sometimes, you just want to get on and have a blast, for an hour or so, rather than hours and hours.

This is all things we need to look into, and decide how we are going to fit in to it. the way i am thinking at the moment, is to make |*SAS*| into a multi game clan, where we can keep all our present members, and get back some of the guys we have lost in the past. We would then have say, a COD2 section, AOE 3, OPFP2 and so on, but still be under the tags of the |*SAS*|. I will not talk to much about that now, that will be on another part of the forum, for debate.

But good points Matt, and thanks for posting your concerns. I moved your post for you matey Very Happy you confused rendeer
Back to top Go down
http://www.sastroopers.com
Lynx

Lynx

Male
Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: Times and Enjoyment of the game   Times and Enjoyment of the game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:23 pm

i see the predicament. Well, as with the first operation flashpoint game (if you have ever had the pleasure of playing) was the ability to create your own scenerios and triggers and basically if you wanted you could make a whole new campaign lol. if this game has the same features that would dramatically decrease the time spent doing a certain thing. but as always with any game it will take up alot of time and what with the new features that come with new games its possible it will be that way for a long time.

As limes said the 'Devs' do realise that people wont have a long time to play and im sure they will have mini scenerios and mini-battles, but im sure there will be alot to play around with and even if you dont have much time to play it will still a be a kikass 10 minutes lol.

thank you. cheers
Back to top Go down
Buck

Buck

Male
Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Times and Enjoyment of the game   Times and Enjoyment of the game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:42 pm

its as simple as this holy we're going to win either way no matter what the time
Back to top Go down
Lynx

Lynx

Male

PostSubject: Re: Times and Enjoyment of the game   Times and Enjoyment of the game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:50 pm

Haha you'd be right in saying that!..Razz btw anyone know the systems Specs to run this game i remember the first was a reasonably resourceful game.
Back to top Go down
Buck

Buck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Times and Enjoyment of the game   Times and Enjoyment of the game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:58 pm

i'll keep a look out but im thinking they'll come out around dec/jan time
Back to top Go down
Lynx

Lynx

Male

PostSubject: Re: Times and Enjoyment of the game   Times and Enjoyment of the game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:01 pm

atleast we are safe in the knowledge that it will take a good rig to run this lol... im guessing about 3gig just by the shear size of this game and tthe special effects ive seen from the game footage, but in saying that it depends how they have rendered the graphics. hmm we shall see.
Back to top Go down
Buck

Buck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Times and Enjoyment of the game   Times and Enjoyment of the game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Yeah but what a game though it takes 4 and a half hours to walk across the island its going to be probably one of the best games this of 09 (i know its a bit early to say so but whats really going to top 220 square miles ehh?) 50 diffrent vehicle's http://www.scribd.com/doc/6827872/Official-Playstation-Magazine-UK-10-Page-Preview (if you havnt seen the link tis good)
Back to top Go down
Lynx

Lynx

Male

PostSubject: Re: Times and Enjoyment of the game   Times and Enjoyment of the game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:12 pm

haha ye lol i love to free raom and destroy stuff seems to brighten my life up Tee Hee

i think the first actually recieved quite a few game of the years when it came out so i expect this one to be of a similiar calibre..saying that woo do have alot of incredible games out this year..farcry 2, fallout3, gears of war 2....hefty competition if you ask me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Times and Enjoyment of the game   Times and Enjoyment of the game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Times and Enjoyment of the game
Page 1 of 1