Notice Board

This is the forum of the |*SAS*|

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

in need of a new rig

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lynx

Male
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: in need of a new rig   Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:48 pm

Good i was looking for a forum like this

ok so im looking for a new rig i already have a graphics card from my old rig which is the nVidia geforce 8500 gt (compatible with DirectX 10)

what else shouls i get with this i.e soundcard RAM Proccesor

also im torn between XP and Vista, vista can be good for gaming if done properly although it does need more resource then XP

help is needed lol

if your rig is pretty good please send me you rig set up or post it here

go to 'Run' and then type 'DxDiag' then your system specs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limey

Male
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: in need of a new rig   Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:47 pm

Mmm well I am not sure what to reccomend, but your Graphics card looks like it will be ok Bobby. I personally prefer XP, but then havent tried vista yet, but have not heard many good reports on it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sastroopers.com
Lynx

Male

PostSubject: Re: in need of a new rig   Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:13 pm

well i was thinking along the lines of this:

nVidia geforce 8500 gt
3 gig ram (should run ofp fine) probs kingston
intel proccessor (quad)
sound card im not sure about

but then i still need to think of a good cooling case cos 3 gig ram will get quite hot
and still need a good heatsink
and power input

so many desicions and so little time

oh btw Vista can be quite good for gaming just that vista comes will alot of resource hogging programs when those get disabled then its as good or better then xp...just needs tweaking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limey

Male

PostSubject: Re: in need of a new rig   Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:50 pm

Got just the Jobby Bobby . . . . . need to get a paper round or summit tho. Very Happy

Lifting the lid transforms the machine into a fierce hi-tech wonder, complete with blue LEDs and claw-like ODD doors. Hidden beneath the attractive blue glow is the Acer EasySwap HDD cage, conveniently located for fast expansion and replacement of hard drives. RAID capable, EasySwap technology offers hot-swap functionality when RAID is enabled. Radical angles dance across the surface, contrasting with the rugged patterned under-layer. A triangular button and convenient front mounted USB and audio ports place key controls and jacks right at your fingertips.

Processing power is central to the Troopers extreme abilities; this is via a 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Quad QX9450 Processor (1333MHz, 12MB Cache). Supporting the processor is 4GB of DDR2 800MHz memory.

Where the Acer Aspire G7700 Trooper really comes in to its own is with graphics processing power. The Trooper has not one, but two 512GB nVidia GeForce 9800GXT cards in SLI format - SLI technology delivers more than twice the performance of a single graphics solution by combining the forces of two graphics card.

For storage of all your games, music and videos, the Trooper has a massive 1.2TB Hard Drive (2x 640GB).

To keep the computer powering along, the CPU is liquid cooled - liquid cooling offers significant performance advantages to traditional fan-based cooling methods. Using a constant flow of water and rear-mounted heat sink, liquid cooling ensures your CPU runs cool even under the most demanding conditions.

Expanding the Troopers multi-media credentials is a Blu-Ray reader DVD drive & DVD rewriter as well as a 12-in-1 card reader and Hybrid Analogue and Digital TV-Tuner card. Networking is offered in the form of Gigabit Ethernet (Wake-on-Lan ready) (Dual LAN Support), WLAN 802.11g/b and 56k modem (Wake-on-LAN ready).

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Processor (2.66GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 12MB Cache) Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium 4GB DDR2 800MHz memory 2x 512MB nVidia GeForce 9800GXT 1.2TB hard drive (2x 640GB) Liquid CPU cooling Blu Ray reader and DVD Rewriter 8x USB connections 1x Firewire connection Full product information about Acer Aspire Predator G7700 Trooper Gaming PC Hide product information about Acer Aspire Predator G7700 Trooper Gaming PC

Full specification Benefit
Processor Type Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
RAM Memory 4096 MB
Hard Disk Capacity 1280 GB
Graphics Memory 512 MB The higher the memory the better quality images you are display
Graphics Description 2x nVidia Geforce 9800GTX
No of USB connections 8 The more connections the computer has the more equipment you can connect to your computer e.g. modem, printer, scanner, digital camera, PDA
No. of Firewire Connections 1 High speed data transfer link for digital video and other media. Ideal for quickly downloading video images from a camcorder to PC
Keyboard YES
Mouse YES a mouse too wow

wot a beast!!!

oh price, . . . . . . . . WELL JUST A COOL £2,347.67 MIGHT WANNA GET DONNA TO GET A PAPER ROUND TOO. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Limey

Male

PostSubject: Re: in need of a new rig   Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:52 pm

ITS EVEN CALLED A TROOPER . . . . . . MADE TO MEASURE FOR THE |*SAS*| OR WHAT!!!
Back to top Go down
Lynx

Male

PostSubject: Re: in need of a new rig   Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:32 am

Lol ouch its a beuty alright, I'll have to get a paper route and my mum and the kids will have to clean chimneys and ill have to get my nan to sell her blood (all of it)...probs get our cat into labour to Razz

anyways i spotted a nice rig from PC world..(its agood time to buy due to reccesion) 4gb, intel core duo, nVidia 7 series card for a price of...490 GBP!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: in need of a new rig   

Back to top Go down

in need of a new rig
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Notice Board :: General Topics :: Tech Chat-
Jump to: