Notice Board

This is the forum of the |*SAS*|

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Are bullets enough?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Are bullets enough?   Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:47 pm

Ok so what i mean by are bullets enough is that when facing down an entire armoured division are bullets enough to stop a whole army of angry house's (most of you wont get that joke dont worry) so yeah is a javalin from 300 yards going to pentrate a zbd2000 oh and trust me guys there is going to be whole armoured divisions with 150 odd players per side there is finaly chance to get that big battle that you've always wanted on a pc without having to join the army and having to put your balls on the line and hopefully having them shot the hell off.
(btw not sure if its the wrong topic or not sorry Smile )

Last edited by Buck on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sastroopers.com
Lynx

Male
Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: Are bullets enough?   Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:56 pm

ok lol bullets are obviously not enough lol

knowing what your going up against is power for knowledge is power
if its a tank division then you need to pound them with AT Guns, artillary, long range ballistic missiles

helicopters beat tanks everytime uness up against AA tanks then the are screwed.

then you bring the tanks in to finish them off and then the soldiers and light armoured to take out any guys running around trying to find where there balls are

tactics always provail especially when you up against huge numbers...always try and take out as many as possible before you get hit

in most war games now they dont make them so you can shoot a tank with tons of rounds untill it explodes, they make games these days with equations in mind, everything has its weaknesses as i said:

tanks beat light tanks
light tanks beat infantry
infantry effective against infantry and tanks
helicopters beat tanks
AA tanks beat heli's

depending what you come up against determines what you counter it with. easy to master with a bit of brains and common sense
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are bullets enough?   Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:06 pm

Like i said armoured division i.e they have all base's coverd like aa/at/ai this is a division not just the people you see running around on games like battle field who are like "haha we're in a tank we're unkillable" then get hit by a missile and run around looking for an engineer for half an hour screeming "we're on fire we're on fire" these guys have got apc's advancing first securing the ground then calling the armour in hence why i asked are bullets enough and besides by the time you've probably seen the tank you've probably been spotted by the angry hornet sized helicopter thats got you on heat seaking this is why im asking are bullets really enough.
Back to top Go down
Lynx

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are bullets enough?   Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:17 pm

ok i see the reason why you ask and when it comes down to a battle with this sort of power behind the teams then it will inevitably turn into a dog fight and the worst loss of online lives possible.

but i think the question you need to be asking is 'are bullets really important?'...if you mean this then yes they will be for a certain number of reasons

1: i dont think the game devs are stupid enough to allow 150 players to get in tanks im pretty damn sure they have a way of getting around this maybe settign a limet for each that is determined by the amount of players on your team

2: setting certain vehicles as unlockables determined by 'War Veterency' depending how well you do online determines what arsenal you can use

this means that there wont be 150 tanks

there maybe 20 tanks 10 aircrafts 10 heavy infantry (ie MG's AT etc etc) 30 light infantry etc etc

im sure there will be a limit set to ensure stability and fairness in the feild if not then there will be alot of stupid games that you just cant play in after all this is a game and not the beaches of france...deosnt matter what the devs say about reality they still have to account for gaming experience
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are bullets enough?   Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:27 pm

Right well your theory about war veterency is a bit overthought as this is a game about a real life struggle not some oh you killed 50 enemys have a tooled up hummer with extra ammunition and reinforced armour that would defeat the object of having a realistic game and not a game reverting towards cod waw although i can see the point of having a cap on tanks and the like it would again defeat the point of having a realistic feel to it if you go back to the iraq war you didnt see sadam saying to george bush oh you've got too many tanks get rid of half of them to make it fair and yes i suppose i did go a bit far by sugesting there would be 150 tanks because there isnt going to be 150 a side as you need atleast half the crew to maintain the fighting strength of the tank so the tank divisions will mainly incorporate the apc's more than tanks but dont be supprised if you find yourself burning from a napalm attack from somthing like a mig that you never saw swoop down from 5 thousand feet.
Back to top Go down
Lynx

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are bullets enough?   Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:37 pm

well when i say war veterency i dont mean like how many you kill but i mean maybe by win/loss games or extraordinary bravery or something i dont mean by perks but still you need have training to use certain weapons if this is as close to real life then maybe just maybe you would need to reach a certain status to recive Offline training to use weapons online. i know thats a bit far fetched but the same rule was apllied by the creators of AA (America's Army)

there must be away of balancing the game between sides as always, in real life or online there is always away to defeat your foes. Take a look at D-Day, operation XYZ, all sorts of other situations where th odds were incredibly against someone and yet they succeed. Even the romans, yes i know they were the biggest army in the world at 1 point but 1 soldier could kill 100 english soldiers mainly due to the advances in their armor...but for teh biggest fight and the biggest success look at the film 300 based on a real life situation.

even if your outnumbered out gunned there is always a way to win be it personnal skill or the terrain

the only way your question will be answered is when we play and thats the only way for sure tbh. We will just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are bullets enough?   Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:01 pm

Things have changed since the time's when 300 is based each nation isnt made from peasants given poor weapons little to no armour and zero training and pray tell me if your a normal grunt caught in the open with no cover faced with a tank rolling towards you, you have no ammuntion there are no anti tank weapons available to you how are you going to win with personal skill or anything else and dont tell me you run towards the tank with a bit of wood and try to club the tanks crew to death.
Oh and for your comment about keep it balanced since when was war balanced like limey had said tell me how when in his bunker deep underground with the red army closing how was it any where balanced thats life it screw's you over oh and ofcourse there are ways of balancing it but its the case of is your team compitant enough to balance it out or not?
Back to top Go down
Lynx

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are bullets enough?   Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:07 pm

Look it deosnt matter if teh devs say this is the closest thing to real life you will ever see its still not real life, and the devs still need to make sure everyone gets an equall opportunity as to everyone else.

war is never fair in real life but this isnt real life now is it. there will eb away to balance the game the only thing teh can sway the tide of war is how well you can counter the attacks towards you. if you crap at realising teh danger or how to control what happens then you will loose the only thing stopping you will be the wit of the other commander simple as...brains over braun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are bullets enough?   

Back to top Go down

Are bullets enough?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Notice Board :: Operation Flashpoint 2 :: Questions-
Jump to: